Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Why, dear reader, would a person order a cappuccino in a paper cup with a lid when they plan to drink it in the cafe? Why, when I offer to make it in a beautiful porcelain mug would they say, "oh no, I prefer paper"?
It happened yesterday...twice. The first time, I almost said, "oh, so you have no sense of taste?" The second time, I just filled the order in shocked (and somewhat insulted) silence.

Tell me, does drinking through a tiny hole in a plastic lid enhance the experience?

Next time this happens, they might just get decaf...

5 comments:

Munkee said...

Down here, if you get the coffee in porcelain (ie "for here") they charge you tax. I'm cheap like that, i say "to go".

layne (herman) said...

-Why would a person drink a Zima?
-Why do people eat hot dogs?
-Who was the first person to eat an artichoke?

Like these ponderings, there are just some questions in life that we just do not have the answer to.

Breathe deep my barista, breathe deep.


http://papaherman.wordpress.com/

Panimatka Philo said...

All right, an "in house" tax is just stupid. But, what can you expect in California.

Second, I don't know about Zima, but hot dogs fall into the category of foods so bad that they're good. Mmmmm, hot dog water.

Anonymous said...

Straight from dog river coffee shop as I sit sipping my doppio espresso machiato from a porcelain cup waiting for Agni to complete the shopping round of downtown Hood River.I think the green giant is to blame for this phenomenon, as they first offer everything in paper. Then people sit around in a "coffee shop" tasting paper and flovors thinking they are having a coffee shop experience.
Rant on and let's get these people educated.

Anonymous said...

Oh and it had a very well poured heart on it. THis thing needs spell check. ;0