Friday, August 04, 2006

Just for the record...

A 16 oz, dry capuccino is a stupid, stupid drink. Don't ever order it.

First of all, it's hard (though not impossible) to get 16 ounces of good foam. (It's easy, by the way, to get 16 ounces of bad foam, which is usually what happens.) Second, do you really want to drink 16 ounces of foam? Even good foam? If your answer is yes... well, there's no accounting for taste. I like foam, too, guys. Hey, I even used to order a venti (20 ounces) dry cappuccino. That's right my friends, I was one of those guys. And I am here to TESTIFY! It's wrong, wrong, wrong.

Why?

Have you ever had a REAL cappuccino? 6 or 8 ounces or so? A tasty, tasty beverage. Get a good one and you won't have to ask why a 16 ounce dry cap is silly. In a real cap, the espresso is integrated into the foam. The rich, drinkable, melted-whipped cream textured foam carries pure espresso pleasure in every sip. In a 16 ounce dry cap, you have to dig through layers and layers of foam before you reach any coffee. Moreover, once you've reached the coffee, the foam has separated from the milk, leaving it the undrinkable texture of sea foam--stiff, airy. It is not foam--it is the feces of foam.

Mmmmm. Foam feces...

1 comment:

layne (herman) said...

that sea foam that collects on the beach... yuck.

for the record barista, i may drink my coffee black in a paper cup, but I would never drink my cappuccino out of a paper cup --except in the event of a locust invasion. Other than that... never.