Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Top 10 Signs that you're not quite the coffee aficionado you imagine yourself to be:
  1. You only buy the best flavored beans: "Um, hazelnut coffee is my favorite, but I'll drink chocolate-pecan any day."
  2. You consider a white-chocolate mocha to be "gourmet."
  3. You hear the word "cappuccino" and think of a big-gulp sized cup.
  4. You're sure that the best coffee comes from Colombia.
  5. "Espresso? Yuck!"
  6. "Starbucks or Tullys? They're both so good--how do I choose?"
  7. "Gross, I can taste the coffee in this latte!"
  8. You order your drink with half soy milk, half non-fat.
  9. You think regular coffee means "sugar and cream."
  10. You're sure that dark roasted coffee is "rich and delicious."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Gourmet" referring to anything in the coffee industry is the tip off that it's crap.

The truth of this top ten, the reality of it, is what makes it truly funny.

Belladonna said...

When I visited Costa Rica I rode in a bus across the mountain that bore a sticker in the window proclaiming "Juan Valdez drinks Costa Rican Coffee!" I thought it was funny. It was interesting to see the coffee fields there and the people who earned their living harvesting.

Panimatka Philo said...

Juan Valdez drinks Costa Rican?!

I love it! And it's true...

Munkee said...

not that it matters, but my comment wasn't meant to be from "anon".

Anonymous said...

Larry, you sound like an amazing barrista, like one of those who can make little animals and leaf designs with foam. Awesome

Panimatka Philo said...

Fishy, you sound like one of my customers. Always pays a compliment, but has a rye smile that suggests that he's laughing at me, not with me... Anyway, he's as geeky as me.

Who's laughing now, Fishy?