Friday, June 22, 2007

By the way...

Greeting me by saying "Grande latte" is not going to win you any favors...

Start with "Hello" before you order.

That's the polite thing to do.

Usually, doing the polite thing ensures that I will be fairly nice to you and give you a tasty beverage in a timely fashion.

And while we're on the topic of little rude things customers do without realizing that it's rude:

Don't talk on your cell phone when you're talking with me. Don't answer your cell phone while you're ordering. The other day, someone did that in the drive-thru, so I left. Came back in about 4 minutes. Clearly the call was more important than our conversation, and I had other things to do... like muttering rude words to myself.

1 comment:

layne (herman) said...

for your own amusment, next time just make a drink for them, hand it out the window and tell them how much you owe them.

when they give you that questioning look, tell them you thot they wanted you to try mindreading.

be sure to make a drink you want to drink as you may have to drink the mistake.