Thursday, January 11, 2007

On Milk

I spend a good amount of time ranting about you fools who put milk in your coffee to cover up the taste, so it might come as a surprise to find out that I drink at least one milk based coffee beverage a day. It's not hypocrisy though. (Really? It sounds like hypocrisy. Well, it's not. Trust me.) OK, it's hypocrisy.

Recently I tried using a different milk than normal in my cappuccino. I was surprised at how much worse it tasted than my normal milk. Both milks are whole milk, both are all natural, but my regular milk is organic. The organic tastes ridiculously better, creamier, sweeter.

Just thought I'd put that out there...

9 comments:

layne (herman) said...

milk taken from a cat is never good to use... ever!

Munkee said...

well, i'd believe it if you pulled it off double blind.

Anonymous said...

What is the orgin of the word "barista?"

Panimatka Philo said...

Barista is an Italian word, which you probably already knew. The suffix 'ista' in Italian (as in Spanish) is used when describing a person who works with the noun. So a Barista is someone who works on a bar. People often ask if the term should be Baristo for male workers of the bar. The answer is no. Words that end in 'ta', 'pa', or 'ma' are masculine, even though they end with the usually feminine 'a'.

Anonymous said...

Betcha didn't think you were going to get that answer. My boy larry is wicked smart

Munkee said...

BTW, is this new organic moo juice actually raw milk, or do they pasteurize it?

Panimatka Philo said...

Not raw--just organic. Just like you buy at the Grocery store.

Raw milk, by the way, is AWESOME. You just can't serve it in a commercial setting. Something about killing people off with E Coli...

Munkee said...

Bah, E-Coli E-Shmoli

layne (herman) said...

There is a big ol' field behind the Roastery... just bury the body and blame it on the winery.