Friday, August 31, 2007

ENOUGH ALREADY

Yes, this is my last day of work at the Roastery (sort of). I'm moving on--going to work as a state bureaucrat. You know, the sort of shiftless sponge, or perhaps leach, you curse when you're paying your taxes.

So...

Here's my final rant...
(maybe)
(probably not)

The sad truth is, most of you all are idiots. Especially Mick. And Andrew. Let's not forget the whole wine crew next door, especially Jenna and Joe. And my Starbucks readers--Sierra and Jeremiah. And my good friends, Matt and Herman, who continue to read this blog even though it is so obviously devoid of anything useful. Well, the list goes on, but I grow weary of sifting through it...

Ok, you've been great readers and customers. You put up with my wrants, you listen to my advice, you drink the drinks I force on you.

Thanks for everything.

-Larry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And although I considered myself to have been a connoisseur previous to our encounter upon the lusty hills of Washington, you, twirling your porta-filter, the heft of your cudgel betwixt your fingers, with a forty pound thrust...

...well, to put it plainly, the days of my coffee cherry are no more, and all my future macchiatos will be put pale reflections of your handiwork.

Goodbye Larry, and I hope, for our sake, that the written flower of your angst will continue to blossom, regardless of the shape of your Marzocco or the function of your demitasse.

cheers,

ts eliot

itelli said...

I couldn't agree more. We are all eejits, and I am your only worthy leader :) And as such, I command u not to stop.

(well, seeing how an eejit's view is worth nothing, I thought there's plenty of scope for me to push it)

layne (herman) said...

long live larry the barista!

Matushka Anna said...

So does that mean you are going to change the title to bureaucrat agnst? Because within two weeks it will be! It will be!!!!