Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Just in case you were wondering...

Coffee doesn't really catch on fire when you have a roaster "fire" ; it just smokes a lot and turns into a giant glowing coal.

Yeah, we had one, and it was freaking sweet. We poured the smoking mass of coffee-charcoal out on the drive-way. It was so burnt that it crumbled to the touch. I tested this by riding my long-board at speed into the smoking pile. Yes, it just plowed through, leaving two smoking wheel tracks and some "wheel-ground" coffee in its wake.

And to think that some people have suggested to me that I should get a "real" job. How many of you get to do this at work?

4 comments:

Munkee said...

Larry, if i could support my family doing what you do...brother, i'd do it in a heartbeat!

Panimatka Philo said...

yeah...support the family...

Yeah, that is the catch.

layne (herman) said...

The hardest part is getting our wives to believe that we are actually working...
I know that in my situation-- any given day my wife works harder with our three kids at home than I do at work with in Unit full of convicted felons.

Panimatka Philo said...

Convicted felons? Nothing.
Pissy, pretentious 55 year old retirees from Seattle who think they're something are where it's at. They'll put your convicts to shame and leave your children crying.